Notice: Our office is now open to the public. Click here to learn about some of our rules.
York Immigration Attorney
Call Today for a Consultation 717.921.4042
Dedicated to Keeping Your Family Together

York Immediate Relatives Visa Attorney

Call (717) 921-4042 for Experienced & Trustworthy Legal Assistance

United States permanent residents are limited with regards to sponsoring spouses, children, and unmarried adult sons and daughters. However, spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens who are considered “immediate relatives” are not subject to a numerically-limited preference system.

If you are experiencing difficulties sponsoring an immediate relative successfully, our York immigration attorney at The Law Office of Rosina C. Stambaugh can provide you the qualified help necessary to obtain the outcome you desire. We have a comprehensive understanding of the U.S. immigration system to guide you through the complexities.

Immediate Relative Stipulations

Immediate relatives (spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens) may immigrate to the U.S. on a family-based petition. There is no visa quota under the immediate relative category, as well as a waiting time to apply for U.S. permanent resident status.

Alas, becoming a U.S. citizen is a step-by-step process. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can obtain a green card for your immediate relatives and they can become permanent residents within six to 12 months. However, if the relationship of your immediate relative through marriage is less than two years, the spouse and children will receive green cards for two years.

If the immediate relative is a child, he or she must be unmarried and under 21 years old. If the parent is a U.S. citizen and files the I-130 petition for a visa before the child’s 21st birthday, then their age will be frozen at 20 years, even if the child will be 21 or older when they get their green card. Keep in mind, there are special rules regarding stepchildren or adopted children. If your immediate relative is your parent, you must be at least 21 years old to sponsor him or her.

Let Us Help You Today!

Obtaining the legal services of our York immigration attorney is an important step to getting your desired outcome. We are qualified and authorized to assist you with your green card application or immigration case.

Contact us and request a consultation today.

We'll Help You Navigate Through the Process

  • Multilingual Services

    Our legal services are available in English, Spanish, and Italian.

  • Honest & Ethical

    We will offer you straightforward and effective legal counsel.

  • Individualized Attention

    Our attorney will personally handle your case every step of the way.

  • Extensively Experienced

    We obtain the in-depth legal knowledge necessary to achieve your goals.

Contact Us Today

Let's Get Started on the First Step Together
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.